Saturday 3 September 2011

Fruit -Catures

Hi All, it seems an age since I have had a chance to blog, but I thought I would get a quick rant off now why I had a few moments alone on the PC. I never seem to get a chance to get on the main house PC as I have 2 teenage children who although they have their own laptops always have to do work on mine because its attached to 3 different printers and 4 different scanners although everything is WiFi, they tell me its about file formats and the like??? Also my wife spends a lot of time on it , so to free up that time I have bought her the Apple iPad 2, which she seems to like and I will no doubt get a go on!
 I like lots of others follow a number of other blogs on a weekly bases, but I have noticed everyone has gone quiet this year as I guess they are very busy working. One inparticular I follow is Pencil Dreams by Steve Hearn who is an exceptional Caricature Artist and daily blogger( well worth a visit). The other day he posted a Banana-cature, which I thought was neat so I had a go myself on a Pear? not just any old pear though, this one was grown by myself. Although I have quite a small garden I love the thought of growing my own fruit, and last year I invested in a pear tree only to get Pear drop and got none. This year I have looked after it and have a small crop of 13 pears, although they are a bit hard?


I have now put him in a brown paper bag to see if it softens and hopefully will taste nice?
Work wise I am still doing Caricatures at Warwick Castle and  just for fun I have drawn the Jester (Barry- Nice guy) below a few times but thought I would do him digitally. This is still a work in progress as I am still learning about backgrounds and Lettering in Photshop.



Time is up for now but  I do hope to be back soon.
Best Wishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment