Friday 28 December 2012

Happy New Year 2013

I would like to wish all my readers a Happy New Year for 2013. I am hoping it is going to be a lot better than 2012, as this has not been a very good year for me , but at least I survived it. I follow a blog site by a very good caricature artist called Steve Hearn (Pencil Dreams) and he had a cracking picture of his brothers new dog. I thought I would have a go at caricaturing him? I am useless with animals but you have to keep trying to get better. This is pretty much my philosophy with human heads, although my improvement is quite slow going.


A few practice heads from various sketch books. A couple are something to do with friends and family as I have a lot of photos to refer to. I generally never show these sketches as know one else in my family has a love of my caricaturing efforts.
 



 I watched a program on the telly about celebrity worst moments and heard about a roofer tweeting various celebs a naked picture of himself to get a response. As the motto goes perseverance pays off and he got Melanie Sykes (one of the most beautiful women in the world) to tweet back and is now getting married to her!
 So I thought about doing a similar idea on my blog. I am married, so not after anything, but thought I would share with you all (A New Years Treat) what 50 years of manly abuse can do for you. Unfortunately the face is a caricature but the body is quite close to real, only I am a bit hairier and yes I think I have Hobbit Feet.


Hope, Prosperity and Good Will to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment