Sunday 18 May 2014

Mechanical Pencils ?

It has again been an age since I have written anything on my Blog, but I have no excuses at all, I have had the time, I have just been lazy! If anyone actually ever reads this Blog my apologies. I have done quite a bit of drawing with the odd gift Caricature but lately I forget to snap a photo of them on my phone, so don't have a great deal to show?




















This one is an A3 theme Park style caricature done for someone at work? a bloke not the Lady, I work with lots of old farts like myself.


A Digital Caricature for someone leaving present, the actual Caricature had lots of planes in it and crests, but I also supply a disc with around 5 to 10 other digital images such as Signature blocks, solo person, funny backgrounds as it is fairly easy to manipulate in Photoshop once you have done all the hard painting.

 Used as part of a poster for a race for life poster for staff at a local store.
I also think I may have caught a bit of a fetish about Mechanical Pencils? Ever since I saw a Yard-O-Led silver mechanical pencil, costing a staggering £300. I could not believe a pencil could cost so much, but since seeing it in the raw so to speak and doing some research I would love to own one. This is obviously in my dreams that if ever I win the Lottery I would buy one. Because I researched all about mechanical pencils I found a lot of other nice ones that are more in my price range , the top one in the picture is my latest addition. A Lamy Scribble 3.15, quite beautiful and my first sketch with it below. I know the sketch is not that good but the pencil felt so good to use. The others are what I have got over the years, the red one was bought in Singapore in 1967 and has been with me ever since.


Time to go, if you have any thoughts on any thing do leave a message, if you have a old Yard -O-Led pencil you don't need any more, I would love to add and use it in my small collection.
Best Wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment