Monday 9 May 2011

Theme Park Dreams

I have been really busy of late even working through my 2 days off to get the chance of drawing more.I have now taken an old camera with me in the hope of taking a few pictures of some of my handy work, but alas I have only managed one photo of my work?  I just get so into doing them I forget to ask for a photo! Below is the set up at Warwick Castle where at present I am drawing for two days a week (Wed/Thurs), next is the one and only photo of a caricature by me at Thorpe Park (Fri/ Sun) and I am at Chessington WOA on Saturdays.The last picture is of a fellow Caricature artist, Tom, who is really super talented and quicker than anyone I have seen yet with a line quality that is crystal clear.





I was hoping working at a Theme Park would give me a constant stream of people to Draw but this is not the case? people are often put off by the price or that they do not want to carry a picture round all day or leave it till the end of the day when there is usually a que so they will not wait. I now know that I can sit there often for 2 or 3 hours doing nothing (other than giving park directions )and then be maxed out at the end of the day for 2 hours. Also the Parks intake of people varies so much depending on school holidays, bank holidays and weather, the last is my main concern as I have been very lucky this year and have not been rained off once. If that wonderful team at Alton towers or anyone who has got Theme park experience  can give any advice I am all ears.

Kind Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment