Sunday 23 January 2011

Keep on Practising.

I have put another entry into Caricaturama 3000 , this week of Steve Carell, but really wanted to do something different after seeing all the wonderful variety of styles that people do but I just did not get the time to sit down and paint. Therefore it was another quick digital colouring of my sketch book drawing.

I quite liked the look of it,  so I printed it out and stuck it in my Sketch Book, which is now full and closed. I have about 4 sketch Books on the go at any one time, all different sizes from A5 to A3, each with about 200 pages in and I use both sides so I get about 400 sketches in each. I do love a bargain so I generally look for the cheapest! (Asda for this one).
I also practice on A4 and A5 Printer paper but throw alot of this away unless I really like it?












I have done a couple of Caricatures of other Fellow artists this week as practise, the first is a Guy called Roy Alberto Gonzalez Vargos, who I believe lives in Costa Rica,


 And Raul Curbelo Belen , who lives in Uraguay,


Both of these guys are very talented Artists and live in a fantastic part of the world. I am very envious of people who live in places that have a Hot Summer! ( unlike England, cold and rainy). I like the Idea of sitting out in the sun drawing Caricatures, whilst drinking fresh orange juice, ( I can Dream ?)

Well thats all for now folks, thanks for looking in.







4 comments:

  1. You are producing some very cool work! Keep it up! I will answer you line quality question soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve for the kind words and I will look forward to the line quality answer. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on Steve Carrel , got a good likeness going on there.
    What software are you using, I spent over 2oo quid on a wacom which promised free Corel software !
    I was a bit naive at that time about the costs and found it was just a 30 day trial,bummer.
    Now I know you can get any number of free trials direct from their website.

    Great to look back isnt it and see the improvement over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Karl, sorry for the late reply I have a lot on with the kids at the moment. I use a Wacom bamboo tablet A5, which came with Artrage and Photo shop Elements 5, for about £120 two years ago. I am thinking of upgrading everything but I will only do this when I feel I am getting to a reasonable standard and after asking lots of people advice. Most professionals seem to favour Apple Macs but I have never used one and their 3 x the price, but if I was to make some money from doing caricatures I would buy one! Yes it is nice to look back and see different things you drew years before and hope to see an improvement? Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete