Monday 31 January 2011

Sketch Books

My Last post made me have a look through my old sketch books, in the hope to see that I have improved, and to me its a trip down memory lane of people I have known and not seen for a very long time as well as old Caricatures I have attempted. When I was much younger I use to draw all the time but as you get older and the pressures of work grip you, I would draw less and less. Here are some old and not so old examples of my sketch books

I use to go on a lot of trips abroad on aircraft, and liked to draw and sketch anything , unfortunately most of the  guys didn't like being drawn so I would wait till they went to sleep and do a quick sketch. I have a sketch book full of sleeping crews. I use to do cartoons of funny incidents that would happen and these drawings would help me caricaturize the people involved.




A couple of more recent caricatures from another one of my closed sketch books.


Some more very old detachment sketches and although some of them look like the individual was awake in general they were asleep I just use to put open eyes on them!



and finally a more recent attempt at the fantastic Mr Bean and Boy George with a bit of colour?

I am yet  to really throw paint and ink into my sketch books but would really like to as I have been on some web sites where the sketch books are works of art themselves. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how I can improve my sketch books I am all ears

No comments:

Post a Comment