Monday 13 December 2010

First ever Caricature

I have managed to dig out what I consider was my first ever Caricature, done way back in 1986. I was baby sitting a friends children and to keep them amused I drew them normally but when I was drawing Lucy I decided to exaggerate her features to make them laugh. I luckily still have it in one of my very old sketch books ,I don't think she cared for it that much?

I thought while I was looking at some of my old sketches I would include one of my first cartoons. The idea was know one liked this guy,  so I drew what people thought of him, for his leaving do. Unfortunately he loved the drawing and had the original. After that I started drawing cartoons only for those people I liked who where leaving!

I have now used my new A3 all in one Brother Printer and it all seems fine. I now have options when I want to print to either my A4 or A3? unfortunately as it is WiFi the kids had not noticed you now have to select what you want and wondered why nothing was coming out of the normal printer? Yes you have guessed, there was a pile of colour printing at the A3! (Expensive, but its good as sketching paper?)





An old sketch of a very good friend of mine many years ago

This is a fantastic Caricature done of me by the very talented Jon-Paul McCarthy. Alas I don't have the original but glad to have this picture.

A recent Dog caricature I did for a very nice lady working for the police. I am still learning how to do people so animals are mind boggling. She was very happy with the result though.


And finally, I am very pleased that an extremely excellent Caricature Artist, " Steve Hearn "has taken the time to view my Blog ( I have been following Steve's for about 2 years now), so I thought I would include a sketch I did of him earlier this year.
Bye for now and thanks to anyone who is watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment