Sunday 5 December 2010

Start of my first ever New Blog

Today is my Birthday and I have somehow managed to make it to the age of 50? Therefore I thought it was a perfect time to launch this blog, which will be all about me, trying to start and make a living as a Caricature Artist! Advice is always welcome, as I have zero experience. My background for the last 30 years or so has been all about Aircraft! so no help their! I have however always done lots of silly drawings of people throughout my life, on and off , and near the end of my job I did quite a few Caricature/ Cartoons of people as leaving gifts. This is what I am hoping to continue with and hopefully make a living from?
     I was very lucky about 18 months ago and managed to go, to a Draw Feast outside Luton Airport. It was organised by a Caricature Artist called Steve Hearn and around 20 fantastic Artists turned up and literally drew for 16 hours. I learnt more in that time, than I could if I had practised for a year. I was and still am inspired by all of them to make it as a Caricature Artist. Here are a couple of pictures I have done to give you an Idea, and I will try to include some of the many sketches I do daily.






I unfortunately am a bit of a computer Biff so I hope you can put up with me untill I understand how all this tech works? I will try and blog once a week to start off with, slowly moving up to several times a week? Thanks to any one who visits, look forward to my next instalment.

4 comments:

  1. Keep posting, the more you do, the more you will get used to it! Have fun with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve for the kind words and motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi FatBoy, Great to meet you today. I couldn't find your website!
    Fancy you being no good with computers, how did you blag it for so many years in the RAF?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Patches( Alias Fat Pat) nice to see you and your Daughter today. Web site off air and under planning. I know how computers work and all normal Office software, but nothing about Face Book, Blogging, and Art Software! Have a Great Chistmas, Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete